With Pure Local, Belgomalt is fully committed to regenerative agriculture. To this end, we are working with agricultural advisory organization: Regenacterre.
They have since the end of 2021, the EU trade mark
“regenerative agriculture ” obtained.
The label guarantees the application of the following regenerative agriculture techniques:
- Reducing the use of pesticides (priority for insecticides and fungicides) and eliminating the presence of measurable pesticide residues in the malt;
- Replacing chemical fertilizers (NPK) with organic fertilizers (manure, compost, etc.)
- Protect and nourish the soil with plant cover sown before and/or after the crop.
- Reduce intensive soil tillage to encourage the development of fauna, flora and microbial life in the soil, which promote plant health;
- Promote biodiversity and encourage organisms beneficial to crops (birds of prey, hoverflies, beetles, ladybugs, etc.)
- Capture of atmospheric CO2 to reduce its impact on the climate and promote soil fertility (humus).